HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn Driver Download, Software, and Setup. The HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn, which means distributed, appears considerably from this connected printer indoors its place, but if you care and wherein output quality than speed, it’s probably the printer they want. HP’s offer provides par-quality on board, a good score on paper handling, and throws in some extras, including pressure protection control panel and the ability to print files from USB memory sticks.
HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn Driver Download, Software, and Setup
Compatibility & System Requirements
Windows 10 (32bit / 64bit), Windows 8.1(32bit / 64bit), Windows 8(32bi / 64bitt), Windows 7(32bit / 64bit), Windows Vista(32bit / 64bit), Windows XP SP2 or later, Windows XP x64 Edition, Mac OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7, Linux OS
HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401 Printer Series PCL6 Print Driver (Windows) “Recommended !!
HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6 (Windows)
HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PostScript (Windows)
HP Easy Start (Mac) “Recommended !!
HP LaserJet Pro Series Firmware Update Utility (Windows)
HP ePrint Software for Network and Wireless Connected Printers (Windows)
HP LaserJet Pro Series Firmware Update Utility (Mac)
The main reason for the big size is paper handling, which includes a built-in duplexer (for printing on both sides of the page), a 250-sheet paper drawer, and a 50-sheet multipurpose tray. The should hold enough during most small offices, but if yourself need more, you can attach a 500-sheet second tray.
Also, exemplary mentioning is that this printer supports a variety of mobile printing features, including HP ePrint (for printing over the cloud), Apple AirPrint (for printing from iOS devices), and various web-based printer applications. It does not offer Wi-Fi, but HP says that the HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dw is the same printer as Wi-Fi added. So all comments in this review should be applied to the DW model as well.
HP placed M401dn at 35 sides per minute (ppm), which is this speed yourself should view when printing text files without much formatting. However, in our suite of business applications, it was very slow to get ranked. I began the time (using hardware and software QualityLogic for timing) effectively 5.9 ppm. By contrast, the OKI B431dn appears at 11.1 ppm, and that LBP6670dn, which means too rated at 35 ppm, comes at 14.8 ppm through simplex method (one side).
What the M401dn lacks in speed, at least partially makes up for the quality of output, with a score above-par on the board. The laser output is mono text but is suitable for printing small fonts easily. Depending on how demanding your eyes are, you may find them ideal for desktop publishing applications.
However, one potential problem for a printer is its operating costs. The claimed 2.4 cents (1.6 cents) per page is lower than you would find with many printers in this price range. LBP6670dn, for example, claims a fee of 2.8 cents (1.8 cents) per page. HP printers are higher than others, with B431dn OKI, in particular, claiming 1.8 cents (1.2 cents) per page. Regarding course, more than thousands of thousands of pages add the most substantial amount of pounds over the life of the printer.HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn Driver Download, Software, and Setup
- Printer Type Workgroup printer – laser – monochrome
- Form Factor integrated
- Mobile Printing Capability Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint
- Type power supply
- Nominal Voltage AC 120 V
- Frequency Required 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption Operational 570 Watt
- Form Factor internal
- Technology laser
- Print Speed Up to 35 ppm – black normal – Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in)
- Up to 33 ppm – black normal – A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in)
- Built-in Devices status LCD
- Connectivity Technology wired
- Interface USB, Gigabit LAN
- AirPrint Enabled Yes
- Image Enhancement Technology HP ProRes 1200 / HP FastRes 1200
- PostScript Support standard
- First Print Out Time B/W 8 sec
- Language Simulation PCL 5E, PCL 6, PDF 1.7, PostScript 3
- Fonts Included 84 x TrueType
- Media Handling 250-sheet input tray, 50-sheet multipurpose tray
- Type workgroup printer
- Min H-Document Size 3 in
- Min V-Document Size 5 in
- Max H-Document Size 8.5 m
- Max V-Document Size 14 in
- Media Type bond paper, cards, envelopes, heavy-weight paper, labels, plain paper, recycled paper, transparencies
- Media Sizes 3 in x 5 in, 4.1 in x 5.8 in, 8.5 in x 13 in, A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in), A5 (5.83 in x 8.25 in), A6 (4.13 in x 5.83 in), B5 (6.93 in x 9.83 in),
- Executive (7.25 in x 10.5 in), JIS B5 (7.17 in x 10.12 in), Legal (8.5 in x 14 in), Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in)
- Min Media Weight 60
- Max Media Weight 163
- Total Media Capacity 300 sheets
- Microsoft Certifications Compatible with Windows 7
- Refurbished refurbished
- Consumables Included 1 x toner cartridge (black) – up to 2700 pages – HP 80A
- Clock Speed 800 MHz
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 7.3 Watt
- Frequency Required 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption Operational 570 Watt
HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn Setup and Setup Procedures:
Follow certain actions to connect the downloaded software plus drivers.
- When the download finished, and you can install the file, click Open Folder, and then click the downloaded file. Filename ends in .exe.
- You can allow the default location to collect, Click Next, and next wait while the installer selects files To make during installation.
- NOTE: If you close the Complete Download screen, browse to the folder where you saved the .exe file, and then click.
- While the Install Wizard starts, observe the instructions on the screen to install.
Follow these steps to exclude the installation driver of your a computer
- Go to Control Panel also click Uninstall a Program
- Double-click on the printer you require to uninstall, and then click yes
- While uninstall is complete, click finish
HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn Manual Installation
- You must help the “add printer” choice of Windows built-in features. Also, it has a Software & Driver Setup file, also needs a USB cable printer.
- Turn on your computer including a printer.
- Connect the USB cable of the printer through your computer.
- Extract the HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn environments file and also extract the place.
- Click Start a Control Panel a View device & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For OS XP, you can click “Fax & printer.
- Click “Add Printer.“
- Once ready and tailored to the driver’s location, provide the path where you extract the settings file.
- Follow all the “wizard” instructions to complete the installation.
- The printer is ready for use on your computer.
HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn Wireless Connection Settings Connected with WPS
WPS push-button feature physically.
The network must use WPA or WPA2 security.
Steps 1 and 2
- Press “Home Printer”
- Use the navigation arrows to select the “WLAN Settings” icon.
- Press the left function.
- The Wi-Fi light will turn on when you have the wireless connection turned on. The printer is looking for access that supports WPS.
- Press and hold the “WPS” button for 5 seconds.
- Press “OK” button after 2 minutes.
- Once the connection established, press OK to complete the configuration.
- Install software for HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn.